Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"A Tired Dog is a Good Dog"


We're following the policy that a tired dog is a good dog with Marcus. That has included lot's of park visits, frequent walks (I swear we walk him 6-8 times a day), and a ton of indoor fetch. Marcus seems to get a lot of enjoyment out of the process, and he also doesn't get in trouble as much on days that he gets out a lot. My office is right across the street, and we have big fields outside, which makes it easy for me to walk him over there and let him play in the fields a bit.

Last night, he got a special treat. My boss had been wanting to meet Marcus since we got him, so after things settled down in the evening, Aaron walked him over to the office, and I took him up to meet everyone. Minus being a little afraid of the elevator door, he had a great time, got lots of petting and got a bit more time with me than he normally does on a work day.

I've been trying (and failing) to get him to eat vegetables, primarily because when he gets neutered, I want to be able to get him to eat rice, boiled chicken, and veggies if he is nauseous afterwards. I realized last night that I was approaching the problem in the wrong way. I assumed he would want vegetables at a temperature that is palatable for a human. On a whim, I tossed him some frozen vegetables since he loves ice cubes so much, and sure enough, he devoured them quite happily.

I took a short video of Marcus' "Happy Broccoli Dance" because I thought it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment